Victoria English School
VES Weekly also at www.victoriaenglishschool.ae 13th September 2012
Message from Mr Hart
The school year has started well and we have a full complement of students
Ø New Parking & Access Arrangements
Please note that some new arrangements for parking outside school now apply because of the opening of the Nibras School across the way from our reception gate.
1. Two school buses have been moved. Bus 5 and 11 will now depart from the back of the school Gate #4.
2. Please do not park your car outside Nibras School: use the big desert area on the north side of VES
3. The road outside reception is blocked by cones for an hour each morning and afternoon for the safety of children arriving and departing.
We would like to thank all parents for their patience and understanding while we finalise bus details.
The bus drivers will drop children off only at the regular stop, at the given time. If children are not collected, they will be brought back to school and parents have to arrange for the pick up.
Please inform the school in writing (preferred) or call us before 10:30 a.m. if :
· In an emergency you would like to pick up your child early.
· You do not want your child to go home on the bus.
· Your child would like to go to a friend’s house or take a taxi. Pupils cannot avail school transportation to go with a friend on the bus.
· Please check your correct and updated contact numbers are given to the school. We will be sending SMS text messages to keep you updated on important issues.
· In the morning gates 1, 2 & 3 will be open. The parent drop-off area is in front of gates 2 & 3:
· In the afternoon, FS1 to Y4 will leave from gate 1 and Y5 & Y6 from gate 2.
· All secondary students will leave from gate 3.
· Trolley Bags are not allowed in school as they pose a danger, particularly to younger children on the staircases.
· Parents are requested to pick up their children promptly at the end of the day. Supervision after this time is very difficult as our teachers do most of their planning and preparation after school.
Ø Please ensure all your child’s belongings are clearly labelled. You can order printed labels from the Nurse.
Ø Except for simple studs no jewellery may be worn other than for religious reasons & it should be beneath shirt / blouse.
Ø Sandals should not be worn to school. School shoes should be black. Trainers may only be worn for PE and should not have lights.
Ø Healthy Eating Policy
· The school cafeteria will not serve French fries or potato chips (crisps).
· Class birthday parties are only permitted in FS1 and FS2 (see parent handbook for details)
Ø Parent Evening
Monday 17th September
For Years FS1 – Yr6
FS1 & FS2 4pm
Yr1 & 2 5pm
Yr 3 & 4 4pm
Yr 5 & 6 5pm
PLEASE NOTE: These are introductory talks and presentations about the curriculum, not individual consultations